KNNN IS THE MAN!!!!

For cold hardy palm tree enthusiasts.

Moderators: Laaz, lucky1, Alchris, Kansas, Wes North Van

Kansas

KNNN IS THE MAN!!!!

Post by Kansas » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:00 pm

I met KNNN today, went to his home and met his wife, daughter and about 15 hundred of his "children".
His yard looks like it should be in Pensacola instead of Kansas. His greenhouse is full of wish list trees from all over the country.
And to top it all off, the guy just gave me about 35 trees for the hell of it. KNNN is by far the coolest person I have met since getting into this hobby.
Thanks a million buddy!!!!

Wes North Van

KNNN

Post by Wes North Van » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:57 pm

That is very coo, of you. You sure made Kansas happy. If you ever make it to Vancouver let me know and I will make sure you leave with some Vancouver born and raised palm trees.
Wes North Vancouver Zone 8b/9a
Keats Island BC Zone 8a
Palm Springs CA Zone 9b/10a

Kansas

Post by Kansas » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:58 am

The neatest thing about my gifts is this....
About a week and a half ago, my wife and 2 son's went to Wal Mart. I saw a tree that I had never saw before and thought it would look AWSOME in my yard. Problem was, it was 5 days before pay day and the funds were getting slim. So I passed, but still thought of this beauty in my landscape in a couple years. It was the "Pachypodium Geayi" or Madagascar Palm. It is a cactus looking palm. He gave me TWO of them :)
Then for the 2 days prior to my trip to his house, I was working on a deal to buy 2 cycads. I wanted any type of Edule I could get my hands on. I had gone so far as to click the "shopping cart" button on the "A&A Cycads" web site and was basically waiting for the OK from the boss AKA the wife. Then I make the trip and he again gives me TWO Edules.
Kinda wierd how that happened. KNNN is a great person.