Zamia Floridana variety "Palatka Giant"

For cycad enthusiasts.

Moderators: Laaz, lucky1, Alchris, Kansas, Wes North Van

chumleycycads.com
Sprout

Zamia Floridana variety "Palatka Giant"

Post by chumleycycads.com » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:22 pm

Anyone wanting this plant in almost any size or quantity, from seedlings on up, please contact me via e mail chumleyrobert@hotmail.com and I will discuss it with you.

I live on 12 acres in Central Florida about half way between Tampa and Walt Disney World.I have seed colonies of over 60 varieties of cycads. I have over one half acre of variegated cycads and I make many hybrids as well.

Kansas

Post by Kansas » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:46 pm

Welcome Robert!!!!!!!!
For those new to the hobby of Cycads & Dioons, Mr. Robert Chumley is the United States fore most authority on Cycads & Dioons. He is extremely influential in the discoveries and findings of 1000's of species. He has spent many many trips around the world to study them and has informed the world of his findings on these trips.
But more importantly, he is a GREAT GREAT person. An absolute joy to speak with. You will learn so much in just a 10 minute phone call.
So glad to see you here Mr. Chumley!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chumleycycads.com
Sprout

Zamia Floridana 'Palatka Giant'

Post by chumleycycads.com » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:22 pm

Please don't take what Wes says literally. He attributes more honor , praise, and credentials to me than I could ever live up to. Actually I am not that nice of a person(ask my wife). But the truth is, I love cycads (and many other species of plants) like Aroids and Agaves, Yucca , and most any plant that is considered rare or unusual.I did spend a lot of time earliar in my life collecting plants in the wild and exploring in Mexico and Central America especially before CITES Regulatons went into effect during the late 70's making all cycads "endangered species" . Wes has a terrific hobby and does a really nice job of collecting cycads and other rare plants even though he has to stay in Kansas to be close to relatives. So, he has made his own little jungle there at home in Topeka. He has learned a lot and loves to share it with everyone......and I plan on sharing my knowledge and experience with anyone who asks. Robert.
I live on 12 acres in Central Florida about half way between Tampa and Walt Disney World.I have seed colonies of over 60 varieties of cycads. I have over one half acre of variegated cycads and I make many hybrids as well.